Friday, November 21, 2008

Unique Mascots and the Promotional Opportunities They Present

So, one of my favorite blogs told us all about Japanese Blood donation mascots today. I know I'm going back to Japanese culture, like in my previous post, but I was so inspired by these mascots! I mean, they are so cute and cuddly, and really make me want to donate blood (if that makes any sense)! All that I could think about were the promotional opportunities that these creative creations represent. Here are some of my fave's:




This one's name is Kenketsu-chan, her blood-drop ears grow and shrink depending on how much blood she has or doesn't have. She even has her own website! How sweet would it be getting a promotional key chain of this cute character with red liquid in her ears. I think that is so cool! Not to mention it would bring people back to donate the next time.

And check out Blood-Kun (sounds creepy, but he looks so cute!):





This guy has a backpack full of blood and his hat turns into a flashing red siren in case of "emergency". I think anyone who receives a plushy of this guy with a backpack full of red liquid that sloshed around when you moved him would be encouraged to donate everytime. Not only that, but someone's friends who saw such a promotional product would probably be inspired to donate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment